We envision a world where all children have equitable access to educational resources regardless of their zip code, skin color, or socioeconomic status.
Decode Project is eliminating inequities in education by fostering a diverse group of learners prepared to navigate the world.
“The Decode Project continues to move mountains and eliminate additional roadblocks that allow students to reach their full potential and operate in their greatness.” dr douglass craddock jr, VP for Community engagement, University of Louisville
We embrace the work of:
- Literacy as a means of liberation
- Shifting narratives to fully reflect how we arrived at our current context
- Systems-level change that leads to equity in education
We believe in access to literacy for everyone—removing barriers and providing resources necessary to ensure all young people can achieve their individual best.
We believe the greatest achievements take place in community and that those most directly affected by injustice and inequity should be centered when addressing and overcoming them.
We believe all members of our community are equally valued—whether student, volunteer, staff, donor, or board member—and that each member has a responsibility to work towards creating a more just, loving, and equitable world where our young people can thrive.
We commit to treating everyone justly according to their circumstances and co-creating a world where opportunities for literacy are equitable.
- Martin Luther King Elementary
- University of Louisville Office of Community Engagement
- Dare to Dream Academy
- Louisville Central Community Center
- Play Cousins Collective’s Mizizi Homeschool Co-op
- Portland Neighborhood House
- University of Louisville’s MLK program
- University of Louisville’s Honors Program